Pages

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Settling In

So the girls have had 4 full days of freedom and they seem to be pretty settled now. All of them are happily wandering the garden, and seem to be less bothered by me being there, though they are by no means tame! Bett is the naughty one at the moment, I have been pecked by her twice and she even runs and flaps at me if she thinks she's cornered. I don't attempt to touch her or anything, she's just really jumpy. They've all got the idea of coming out of the coop by themselves in the morning, though Ivy tends to cause a log-jam in the evenings by perching on the pop hole threshold leaving the other two standing around outside. I have to prod her off her perch with a cane (not getting my hands too close to either her or Bett at the moment) and let the other two in. Hopefully they will sort themselves out.

I noticed this morning that Shirley has 'got' scratching, she looked like she didn't know exactly why she was doing it but it must have felt right! In the last hour I spotted both Bett and Shirley dust-bathing by the back door - I'm so impressed though I worry for my garden - they already have a taste for Petunias!

No comments:

Post a Comment