Pages

Saturday 13 August 2011

Worms and White Eggs


As hoped, all 3 of the girls are settled in and are accepting me being around, walking past me very closely and Shirley is becoming happier being picked up. Speaking of Shirley, she is the only lady laying at the moment, and has laid 3 days in a row, each time a beautiful white egg (see below). I've not had an ex-batt yet who lays such beautiful white eggs, so it's a real treat. Shirley has also developed a taste for earthworms, and delights in scratching them up and scoffing them!


Good news! Bett's dodgy wing seems to be improving. I noticed yesterday that she is no longer tripping over it, so is holding it up a bit better. Also due to her being bald, I spotted quite a bit of yellowish bruising around her shoulder and elbow areas so hopefully that explains the strange position of the wing, and that she's on the mend!

No comments:

Post a Comment